Sunday, June 26, 2011

time travels

i wrote this about a friend of mine who passed away several months ago of a drug overdose. i know i'm not a writer, but somehow it felt very cathartic to put this down on paper. this is the first in a series of 4 poems. i miss you, tripp.



Straining the air for something to hold.
Firm grasps to dead grass
for fear of falling off this earth.
I double down, too far.
Your presence, much bigger than mine, in
size & vibe.
Your vapor, left me with nothing but rooms to fill.

You drove me on & let me down.

Names pout from my mouth like signal flares,
a whispered triad in time with white noises
of sweet fetal sleep in tandem.
Memories mist-drift to that last night. I kissed you.

I showed you my bruises.
You showed me your scars.

Stay with me in that place,
2 battered hearts strung together
with twine & wine-laced pirate cups.






i love you, ya ass. see you on the other side :)

love. sb

No comments:

Post a Comment